We are putting Africa’s Finest design talents on the global stage. Join them.
Everyday, thousands of young African designers take a step further in their quest for the global stage. Oftentimes, this begins with the spark of an idea, then a brilliant sketch of those ideas and finally, the exciting process of bringing the sketches to life. That is where the Sketch2Fame competition comes in.
Now in its second edition, The Sketch2Fame competition is part of the GTBank Fashion Weekend initiative created to promote enterprise in the African fashion industry. The competition will give young and aspiring fashion designers across Africa the opportunity to produce their fashion sketches and showcase it at the GTBank Fashion Weekend, which holds on Saturday November 9 and Sunday November 10, 2019.
The competition begins on September 13 and is anticipated to attract thousands of entries from across Africa. The competition will not only give budding designers access to a wider audience but honor their enterprising spirit.
The second edition is now live and open to participants from the following African countries
How to participate
Share 5 of your original sketches for a new collection on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter with the official hashtag #Sketch2Fame
A team of judges would shortlist the most original and innovative collections for the next stage.
Shortlisted sketches will be contacted via the GTBank Facebook, Twitter and Instagram handles.
Winners will be announced subsequently.
Terms and Conditions
GENERAL SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS & ELIGIBILITY TERMS
The content of all submissions have to meet the following requirements:
- Applicants uploads image(s) on their social media handle with the Hashtag #Sketch2Fame– social media channels for the challenge are Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Applicant must be following @GTBank on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter in order to qualify for the challenge.
- Submission(s) must not claim GTBank endorsement.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Each submission must be original, the work of the participant, and must not infringe, misappropriate, or otherwise violate any intellectual property rights, privacy rights, or any other rights of any person or entity.
- It is an express condition of submission and eligibility that each participant warrants and represents that the participant’s submission is solely owned by the participant, that the submission is wholly original with the participant, and that no other party has any ownership rights or ownership interest in the submission.
- Submissions will not be accepted if they contain any matter that, in the sole discretion of GTBank, is indecent, obscene, defamatory, libelous, in bad taste, or demonstrates a lack of respect for public morals or conduct.
- If GTBank, or the Judges, in their discretion, find any submission to be unacceptable, then such submission shall be deemed disqualified.
- Participants agree to leave any videos/images they reference for this Challenge on the internet and available to the public until the end of the Submission Period.
- Each participant represents and warrants that the participant is the sole author and copyright owner of the submission; that the submission is an original work of the participant and that the participant has acquired sufficient rights to use and to authorize others, including DOE, to use the submission, as specified throughout the Official Rules, that the submission does not infringe upon any copyright or upon any other third party rights of which the participant is aware; and that the submission is free of malware.